Thursday, July 12, 2012

Lorax Birthday Party

You Could Not
Would Not
Want to Miss
A Birthday Party
As Fun as This!


We recently celebrated Serean's 6th birthday and the theme was Lorax. We are a Dr. Seuss loving family, so I was thrilled when she picked Lorax. We are also a green organic gardening family, this theme was a way to have a party and still be green.

My daughters and I made many characters from the Lorax as decorations from cardboard, felt and paint, all things that we have around the house. We recycled a birthday banner that we have used for several birthdays.

I made a recycled puppet theater out of a cereal box, felt, paper and pipe cleaners. Thanks Katydid and Kid for the great idea. The kids loved playing with it. I made a Lorax, Barbaloot and Humming Fish for the theater.
There were Lorax mustaches, bow made from organic Lorax fabric and felt barbaloot ears for kids to take home.
Kids planted organic seeds in recycled egg cartoons to take home and grow. I was inspired by Gwynn's Lorax party.
I made these UNLESS garden stones to help everyone remember the words of the Lorax.
Thanks Prudent Baby for the easy craft!

We drank Lorax juice (mango lemonade mixed with sparkling water) out of stainless steel cups, used bamboo plates, stainless steel silverware and I made some organic fabric napkins. We created almost no waste during the whole party!
I sewed Serean a cute summer dress out of organic Lorax fabric (Thanks NANA!) and even made her a matching bow. Overall it was an awesome party! Thank you everyone for helping us celebrate my baby turning 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment